Online Course Policies & Procedures
To Apply: Click the Online Teacher Application link to the left to register and submit the FTE registration fee ($175 for 2 hr. courses, $225 for 3 hr. courses).
- Note well: It is your responsibility to provide a working email address. The email address you provide on the application will be used to send log-in instructions and for communication with your instructor. Please be aware that some school district servers block email from outside organizations like the FTE or online virtual classrooms. You may wish to use your personal email and to make sure that the FTE is in your address book. Another alternative is to create an email account from one of the free providers like gmail and yahoo specifically for use in the online course – but don’t forget to check the account for sign-on instructions during the week prior to the course start date.
Within a few minutes after submitting the application, you will receive an email notification that your registration fee has been accepted. Please keep a copy of the email. This will be your only verification of registration. (If you do not receive notification, please contact email@example.com to verify your payment.)
Registration is first-come, space-available.
- Courses that fill before the registration deadline will be closed.
- Courses with insufficient enrollment will be canceled on the registration deadline. You will be notified and your registration fee returned.
Registered students will be notified by email of the course login procedures during the week before the course start date.
- Students who do not sign on and complete the introductory lesson within the first week of the course will be dropped from the course. (No refund.)
Reasonable Progress Policy
- Students who fail to make reasonable progress after the course start date will be dropped from the course and will NOT receive a fee refund. “Reasonable progress” is defined as having completed the introductory assignments within a week of the course start date (or the deadline posted by the course instructor). Additionally, reasonable progress throughout the course means that students complete the lessons and written assignments on a schedule that allows them to participate in asynchronous discussion forums with other members of the class. Participation in discussion forums is required.
- FTE online courses are flexibly-paced and asynchronous, but not independent study. A schedule and assignment due dates will be posted at the beginning of the course. “Flexibly-paced” means that the FTE understands that participants may be teaching full time and that instructors are willing to make individual adjustments to deadlines in response to reasonable requests made before the published due date.
(Optional) UCCS Graduate Credit
Registration for UCCS graduate credit will be available only after the course start date. Information on how to register with UCCS and the dates of the registration window will be provided by your instructor in the announcements during the first week of class. (Even if you have registered for UCCS credit in the past, please do NOT try to register with UCCS for the current course until given the information, dates, and link by your instructor.)
The fee for UCCS credit is $122/sem. hr. Payment is made online, directly to UCCS. The link will be provided by your instructor after the course start date. Registration for Graduate credits is the sole responsibility of the participant.
Note: The FTE accepts no responsibility for determining whether the credits offered for online courses meet the participants’ district, state, or university requirements for licensing, salary advancement, degrees or other qualifications.
Drop / Withdraw Policy
- The course registration fee is non-refundable within 30 days of the course start date. To complete a dropped course, students must reapply and pay the registration fee when the course is offered again.
- Students who have registered with UCCS and withdraw from FTE Online must notify UCCS in order to avoid an F grade on their transcript. (UCCS will grant an Incomplete and a one-year window to make up the incomplete and change the grade without additional payment.)