Right Start in Teaching Economics
Program Goal: To allow teachers who are new teachers of economics (three years economics teaching experience or less) to identify and learn basic economic content and develop lesson plans for effectively teaching high school economics.
Program Format: A four-day residential program which primarily focuses on economic content. Also included will be demonstration lectures, simulations, special topic discussions and readings.
- Choose from numerous dates and sites
- Thirty teachers accepted per program
- 3.0 Semester Hours of Graduate Credit in Economics from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs*
- Based on Voluntary National Standards in Economic Education
- Nationally acclaimed instructors
*It is the sole responsibility of the individual teacher to make sure the credit arrangement you pursue meets the criteria set forth by your school, district, and state. This is a graded course. Assignment must be completed to receive credits.