Update as of April 7, 2020:
The following programs have been moved to online instruction for Summer 2020:
- Yale University, Session 1 – June 15-21, 2020
- Yale University, Session 2 – June 22-28, 2020
All other programs are still scheduled to run in-person at this time. FTE is closely monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 and maintains close contact with all our campus partners. In the event that a campus cancels in-person programming, instruction will be delivered remotely via online methods.
Participants who remain in online programs will receive a rebate for the room and board portion of the program fee. Those who wish to withdraw from a program that has been moved online will receive a full refund of their fees paid. For participants who voluntarily withdraw from an in-person program, refunds will be made according to the FTE refund policy stated below:
- Cancellations by May 1, 2020 are eligible for a 50% refund
- Cancellations after May 1, 2020 will not be offered
Because of the uncertainty with the current travel recommendations, FTE recommends waiting to purchase flights until 2-4 weeks before an in-person program’s start date. FTE is not responsible for any flight cancellations or airline fees.
Please direct any questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530.757.4630
Update as of March 12, 2020:
STUDENT APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED APRIL 15, 2020
With all the challenges families face because of COVID-19, FTE has extended the deadline for students applying to FTE summer programs.
In addition, FTE is waiving the requirement that students submit a letter of recommendation and transcripts as part of their application. We understand that school staff and faculty must focus their attention on mitigating the massive disruption of the education system caused by COVID-19.
FTE is carefully monitoring the spread of COVID-19. We are in close contact with our campus and hotel partners. Based on current conditions, all programs are proceeding as planned. Should a campus or hotel closure require cancellation of a program, full refunds of the program fee will be given. For participants who voluntarily withdraw, refunds will be made according to the FTE’s standard refund policy and schedule.
We will follow any recommendations from the CDC, the US Department of Health and Human Services, and local state and county health departments as they are issued in order to ensure the health and safety of FTE participants and staff.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. To help contain the spread of COVID-19, everyone should follow the recommended precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and discard it immediately in the trash.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to monitor this situation and communicate any changes or recommendations as needed.