STUDENT APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED APRIL 15, 2020
With all the challenges families face because of COVID-19, FTE has extended the deadline for students applying to FTE summer programs.
In addition, FTE is waiving the requirement that students submit a letter of recommendation and transcripts as part of their application. We understand that school staff and faculty must focus their attention on mitigating the massive disruption of the education system caused by COVID-19.
FTE is carefully monitoring the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). We are in close contact with our campus and hotel partners. Based on current conditions, all programs are proceeding as planned. Should a campus or hotel closure require cancellation of a program, full refunds of the program fee will be given. For participants who voluntarily withdraw, refunds will be made according to the FTE’s standard refund policy and schedule.
We will follow any recommendations from the CDC, the US Department of Health and Human Services, and local state and county health departments as they are issued in order to ensure the health and safety of FTE participants and staff.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. To help contain the spread of COVID-19, everyone should follow the recommended precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and discard it immediately in the trash.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to monitor this situation and communicate any changes or recommendations as needed.