Update as of May 20, 2020:
All Economics for Leaders student programs have been moved to online instruction for Summer 2020:
- Yale University, Session 1 – June 15-21, 2020
- Yale University, Session 2 – June 22-28, 2020
- University of Texas, Austin – June 29-July 5, 2020
- Emory University – July 13-19, 2020
- Washington University – July 13-19, 2020
- Rice University – June 15-21, 2020
- Southern Methodist University – July 6-12, 2020
- Cornell University – July 20-26, 2020
- UC Berkeley, Session 1 – June 22-28, 2020
- UC Berkeley, Session 2 – June 29-July 5, 2020
- UCLA – June 22-28, 2020
- Tufts University – July 6-10, 2020
- Wake Forest University – July 6-10, 2020
- University of Chicago – July 13-17, 2020
- Brown University – July 20-24, 2020
- UC Santa Barbara – July 27-31, 2020
- University of Michigan – August 3-7, 2020
The following student programs have been cancelled for Summer 2020:
- EHFL, College of William & Mary – June 29 – July 5, 2020
- EHFL, Brown University – July 27-August 2, 2020
- EGE, Yale University – June 29-July 4, 2020
Participants who remain in online programs will receive a rebate for the room and board portion of the program fee. Those who wish to withdraw from a program that has been moved online will receive a full refund of their fees paid. For participants who voluntarily withdraw from an in-person program, refunds will be made according to the FTE refund policy stated below:
- Cancellations by June 1, 2020 are eligible for a 50% refund
- Cancellations after June 1, 2020 will not be offered
Please direct any questions to us at email@example.com or 530.757.4630.
Update as of March 12, 2020:
With all the challenges families face because of COVID-19, FTE has extended the deadline for students applying to FTE summer programs.
In addition, FTE is waiving the requirement that students submit a letter of recommendation and transcripts as part of their application. We understand that school staff and faculty must focus their attention on mitigating the massive disruption of the education system caused by COVID-19.
FTE is carefully monitoring the spread of COVID-19. We are in close contact with our campus and hotel partners. Based on current conditions, all programs are proceeding as planned. Should a campus or hotel closure require cancellation of a program, full refunds of the program fee will be given. For participants who voluntarily withdraw, refunds will be made according to the FTE’s standard refund policy and schedule.
We will follow any recommendations from the CDC, the US Department of Health and Human Services, and local state and county health departments as they are issued in order to ensure the health and safety of FTE participants and staff.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. To help contain the spread of COVID-19, everyone should follow the recommended precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and discard it immediately in the trash.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to monitor this situation and communicate any changes or recommendations as needed.