Manager, Student Admissions and Program Operations
The Foundation for Teaching Economics (FTE) is seeking a new Manager, Student Admissions and Program Operations to support its rapidly growing pre-college economics programs. Over the past three years, FTE recruitment efforts have increased student enrollment by 30%, with projections showing this expansion will continue. This position will play a key role in continuing this growth and helping manage related programmatic expansion.
The ideal candidate must be an energetic, skilled communicator able to effectively promote FTE programs in person, over the phone, and through written correspondence. The position represents FTE at conferences and trade shows and builds relationships with external and internal customers. Knowledge of social media platforms, and marketing principles is essential.
Because of the cyclical nature of program management, the Manager, Student Admissions and Program Operations must be able to multitask, prioritize projects, and work with little supervision. In addition to admissions and recruitment work, programing responsibilities include hiring and managing the summer staff of 25 plus program coordinators, overseeing shipping/packing of program supplies and processing all student program wrap-up paperwork.
The position requires around 20% travel, with occasional evenings and weekends during peak periods. Having experience with FTE student programs or other summer pre-college programs for minors is helpful.
This is a full time position in Davis, CA.
Student Program Management
- Oversee the placement of Program Coordinators (counselors) in summer pre-college programs.
- Manage the Program Coordinator-in-Training application and selection process.
- Procure and ship all necessary program supplies to conference and student programs.
- Assist with EFL Leadership Academy; including student recruiting and admissions, arranging on-site logistics, preparing program materials/supplies, and interacting with academy staff (and guest lecturers).
- Responsible for all student program follow up work and program coordinators
- Establish/maintain relationships with student organizations to promote FTE student programs.
- Represent FTE at conferences, conventions, and other gatherings nationwide.
- Lead outreach efforts for students supported by donor funds.
- Engage student alumni and perspective participants through newsletters, social media, and other media.
- Review and accept student participants to FTE’s pre-college programs.
- Coordinate/manage FTE communication with student applicants and their parents.
- Provide assistance with the tracking of scholarship students throughout the application process.
- Manage FTE affiliate list: keep list current, add prospective affiliates, and make updates as needed.
- Maintain/update FTE CRM throughout the student admission cycle.
- Complete post-wrap: collect and prepare enrollment data for analysis.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Two – three years of work experience preferred
- Desire to excel and further the FTE’s mission
- Basic understanding of social media applications
- Proficiency with CRM software and MS Excel
- Ability to work efficiently in an independent setting with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Ability to manage relationships with partner organizations via phone, written and face-to-face meetings
- Ability to interact with the FTE’s staff, student and alumni population
- Ability to meet deadlines and occasionally work under pressure
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly
- Flexibility to undertake new projects as assigned
- Ability to think creatively and implement new ideas
- Previous knowledge of Economics for Leaders program is helpful but not necessary
- BA/BS required
Personal Characteristics Desired
The person in this position must be organized and flexible; able to exercise initiative, accept and learn from correction; be attentive to detail; demonstrate a positive attitude; and work within a loosely structured environment with minimal supervision. The Foundation seeks individuals who are team players.
Stand for extended periods of time
Lift items weighing up to 25 pounds
This is a permanent position for a nonprofit foundation located in Davis, CA. The office provides pleasant, casual surroundings and state-of-the-art equipment. Office hours are flexible, but generally 8:30am-5:30pm. Because of the cyclical nature of the FTE business cycle, this position is sometimes called to work weekends and/or more than 40 hours per week. Travel, including overnight, in state and nationally.
FTE is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
About The Organization
FTE’s mission is to introduce young individuals to an economic way of thinking about national and international issues, and to promote excellence in economic education by helping teachers of economics become more effective educators. The FTE is a subsidiary of the Fund for American Studies, a nonprofit that sponsors educational programs in Washington, DC and abroad for undergraduate students with outstanding leadership potential. For more information, please visit the websites www.DCinternships.org and www.TFAS.org.
E-mail resume and cover letter detailing salary requirements to email@example.com. Job applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.