The Foundation for Teaching Economics is looking for energetic Economics for Leaders (EFL) and Economic Forces in American History (EFIAH, formally EHFL) alumni to serve as Program Coordinators (PCs). PCs are an integral part of the EFL/EFIAH curriculum by assisting in the leadership instruction and overseeing the daily life of the student participants. During an EFL/EFIAH program, each PC serves as a “big brother” or “big sister” to the student participants by motivating them, reinforcing the program’s lesson objectives, providing guidance and camaraderie, and helping enforce the program’s rules of student conduct.
This summer, we will offer both in-person and virtual programs. Virtual programs run from 11:30am-4:30pm Eastern Time. The PCs will be required to participate from 11:30am-12pm ET and approximately 3-4:30pm ET.
To become a Program Coordinator in the EFL/EFIAH programs, future PCs must spend one summer as a Program Coordinator-in-Training (PCIT). Like all FTE programs, PCIT training is ‘hands-on.’ PCITs attend an EFL/EFIAH program where they will interact with and learn from the PCs and senior leadership staff. PCITs are typically assigned to one program in their first summer. After completing this week of training, they will be prepared to work as a PC the following summer. Additional same summer placements are also possible. To be considered, applicants must:
- Complete the online application
- Completed one year of college or the equivalent by the start of the summer
- Be an alum of the EFL or EFIAH (formally EHFL)
- Be committed to the mission of FTE
Benefits of being a PC include:
- Round-trip travel to locations across the country
- The opportunity to work with and learn from nationally recognized individuals in the fields of economics and leadership
- Meals and accommodations at the work site covered by FTE
- PCITs will receive $125-$250 for their training program
- Compensation of $200 – $850 per program worked depending on format and responsibility
- A $75 meal stipend for in-person programs
PCs can expect to work three to four programs per summer.
Please contact Becky Wilson at email@example.com for any additional questions regarding the Program Coordinator position.