Home » Supporters



Your tax-deductible gift to FTE is an investment in future leaders who will use economics to enlighten their thinking — this will pay dividends for generations to come.



The Foundation for Teaching Economics’ ability to impact economic education at the high school level is made possible by the generosity of donors.  There are a number of ways to support the FTE – mailing a check, giving online with a credit card, making a gift of appreciated stock, and setting up a planned gift.

To receive more information about any aspect of the FTE or with help to make a contribution, please contact Jim Klauder, Vice President for Development, at (503) 757-4633.



Since 1991, more than 15,000 high school teachers and more than 10,000 high school students have participated in FTE programs.  The FTE’s goal is to make sure high school students are learning about fundamental economic principles and how to put them to use to make informed decisions about issues that are of critical importance in their lives. FTE programs teach young people about the benefits of free markets and personal liberty, as well as showing them how understanding economics can enlighten their thinking.   FTE programs are also designed to help high school social studies teachers be more effective in teaching basic economic principles. Much is at stake as we pursue these goals because the future of our country depends on students’ (soon to be voters) ability to choose wisely and classroom teachers’ ability to enable their students with critical thinking skills.


Frequently Asked Questions

Can I donate online?

Yes. FTE accepts donations through its secure online form located here.


Where do I mail my contribution?

You can send your tax-deductible contribution to our address:

Foundation for Teaching Economics

Attn:  Jim Klauder

1706 New Hampshire Ave. NW

Washington, DC  20009

Please make checks payable to “FTE”


Can I make a recurring monthly gift?

Yes.  You can establish a recurring gift by calling Rob Callahan at (202) 986-0384 or emailing him at rcallahan@tfas.org.  Rob will be happy to set that up for you.


How do I make a gift of stock?

A gift of stock allows you to support FTE while also receiving a deduction for the full market value of the securities. To ensure a timely and accurate stock transfer, please contact Jim Klauder at (530) 757-4633 and provide your name, the date of transfer, stock name, and number of shares. For more information on the gift of stock please click here.