Click the Teacher Registration Form link on the upper right corner of the Online Programs page to register and submit the FTE registration fee ($175 for 2 hour courses, $225 for 3 hour courses).
- NOTE – It is your responsibility to provide a working email address that you check regularly. The email address you provide on the application will be used to send login instructions and for communication with your instructor. Please be aware that some school district servers block email from outside organizations like the FTE or online virtual classrooms. You may want to use your personal email and to make sure that the FTE is one of your contacts. Another alternative is to create an email account from one of the free providers (such as Gmail or Yahoo) specifically for use in the online course – but don’t forget to check the account for sign-in instructions during the week prior to the course start date.
Within a few minutes after submitting your registration, you should receive an email confirmation that your registration has been received. Please keep a copy of the email. This will be your only verification of registration. If you do not receive a confirmation, please contact email@example.com to verify your payment.
Registration for FTE online courses is first-come, space available.
- Courses that fill before the registration deadline will be closed.
- Courses with insufficient enrollment will be canceled on the registration deadline. You will be notified and your registration fee returned/refunded.
Registered participants will be notified by email of the course login procedures during the week before the course start date.
- Participants who do not sign in and complete the introductory lesson within the first week of the course will be dropped from the course, with no refund.
REASONABLE PROGRESS POLICY:
- Participants who fail to make reasonable progress after the course start date will be dropped from the course and will NOT receive a fee refund. “Reasonable progress” is defined as having completed the introductory assignments within a week of the course start date (or the deadline posted by the instructor). Additionally, reasonable progress throughout the course means that students complete the lessons and written assignments on a schedule that allows them to participate in asynchronous discussion forums with other members of the class. Participation in discussion forums is required.
- FTE online courses are flexibly paced and asynchronous, but are NOT independent study. A schedule and assignment due dates will be posted at the beginning of the course. “Flexibly paced” means that the FTE understands that participants may be teaching full time and that instructors are willing to make individual adjustments in response to reasonable requests made before the published due date.
OPTIONAL UCCS GRADUATE CREDIT:
Registration for the optional graduate credits from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (UCCS) will be available only after the course start date. Information on how to register with UCCS and the dates of the registration window will be provided by your instructor in the announcements during the first week of class. Even if you have registered for UCCS credit in the past, please do NOT try to register for the current course credit until your instructor provides the class with the current information, dates, and link.
The fee for UCCS credit is $122/semester hour. Payment is made online directly to UCCS. The link will be provided by your instructor after the course start date. Registration for graduate credits is the sole responsibility of the participant.
All questions about UCCS credit registration and payment should be directed to UCCS. FTE is responsible for the online course content and instruction, but UCCS manages the credit process.
Note – FTE accepts no responsibility for determining whether the credits offered for online courses meet the participant’s district, state, or university requirements for licensing, salary advancement, degrees, or other qualifications.
- The course registration fee is non-refundable within 30 days of the course start date. To complete a dropped course, participants must reapply and pay the registration fee when the course is offered again.
- Participants who have already registered with UCCS and withdraw from FTE online courses must notify UCCS in order to avoid an ‘F’ grade on their transcript. (UCCS will grant an Incomplete and a one-year window to make up the Incomplete and change the grade without additional payment.)