We’re pleased to announce a new online course based on the FTE’s Professional Teacher Association conference in Washington, D.C. in fall 2019. As with the Budgets, Debts, and Deficits: Policy and Practice program, the online course will address the following topics:
- the budget process – what it should be and what it is
- the specter of unfunded liabilities
- the debt and deficit – how bad is it?
- transparency in budgeting
- public choice theory and public debt
- what should students know about our debt?
- Registration Fee: $175
- Course Length: 5 weeks
- Prerequisites: None
- Course Materials: lectures and all lesson plans provided, including demonstration videos of classroom activities
- Registration: 30 students per section, 1st-come-1st-served, based on registration payment
- Optional graduate credit: 1 semester hour of graduate credit – University of Colorado, Colorado Springs – additional fee $122