We’re pleased to announce our upcoming Professional Teachers Association conference in Washington, DC: Budgets, Debts, and Deficits. Please see below for more information.
Budgets, Debts, and Deficits:
Policy and Practice
$350 PARTICIPATION STIPEND!
November 7 – 9, 2019
Phoenix Park Hotel, Washington, DC
*** The PTA program is currently full. ***
New registrants will be added to a wait list and notified if a space opens up. Please click on the registration link at the upper right if you would still like to be added to the wait list. All wait-listed registrants will be refunded their registration fee if space does not become available. Please note that you are NOT considered enrolled until we receive your registration payment; completing the online registration form without payment does not guarantee your spot.
Topics and Panel Discussions*
- the budget process – what it should be and what it is
- the specter of unfunded liabilities
- the debt and deficit – how bad is it?
- transparency in budgeting
- public choice theory and public debt
- what should students know about our debt?
* Presentations by government officials, Congressional Budget Office staff, academic experts, etc.
- $100 registration fee
- Thursday opening dinner and all seminar sessions at the Phoenix Park Hotel
- Registration limited to 40 participants (a waiting list will be kept)
- Lodging and most meals provided
- Hotel rooms are double occupancy with another participant for Nov. 7 and 8, at no extra charge
- Single/private room cost is an additional $250 (covers both nights)