Established in 1975, the Foundation for Teaching Economics’ mission is to introduce young individuals to an economic way of thinking about national and international issues, and to promote excellence in economic education by helping teachers of economics become more effective educators. FTE focuses its efforts on the secondary education level and provides programs and teaching resources which target primarily, but not exclusively, the social studies curriculum.
FTE is known nationally for its emphasis on active learning and the engaging activities and lessons used to teach economics. A unique feature of FTE student programs is the integration of economics content with leadership development. Participants learn to use economic reasoning skills as part of their decision-making process.
FTE operates as a subsidiary of The Fund for American Studies (www.tfas.org), a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization based in Washington, DC.
Student Program Coordinator
The Foundation for Teaching Economics (FTE) is looking to add a valued team member to our Davis, California office. FTE has experienced extraordinary demand for high school programming and the Student Program Coordinator will assist the Student Program Manager with the student admission process and play a vital role in the logistics of FTE’s growing in-person and virtual student programs. This full-time position is based in Davis, CA and will require some domestic travel.
The ideal candidate must be adaptable, meet deadlines, a multi-tasker, detail oriented, and work with minimal supervision. The position requires occasional evenings and weekends during peak periods. The Student Program Coordinator should have a love for event management, be a quick learner, self-motivated, provide outstanding customer service, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. Having experience with FTE student programs or other summer pre-college program for minors is helpful.
The Student Program Coordinator’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Admissions and Outreach
- Assist managers with targeted participant recruiting efforts to meet donor preferences.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of FTE affiliate organizations and individuals.
- Attend participant recruitment events and conferences as needed.
- Assist with social media campaigns through Hootsuite.
- Maintain/update the FTE CRM throughout the student admission cycle: track applied, accepted, waitlisted, and declined student applicants.
- Answer questions and inquiries pertaining to student program attendance.
- Assist with the FTE’s scholarship program: assist award committee, communicate with recipients, coordinate student travel, and field questions.
- Assist with general administration, planning, and evaluation of both in-person and virtual student programs.
- Assist with hiring Program Coordinators for student programs.
- Serve as an FTE online course administrator for summer weeklong virtual programs.
- Provide backup assistance for occasional teacher program duties and student program packing, as needed
- Assist managers with post-program data entry and reporting, as needed
- Desire to excel and further the FTE’s mission
- Basic understanding of web based communication platforms and learning management systems
- Experience using Hootsuite and other social media platforms
- Proficiency with CRM software (familiarity with Radius by Campus Management a plus)
- Ability to work efficiently in an independent setting with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Ability to manage relationships with partner organizations
- Ability to interact with the FTE’s staff, student and alumni population
- Ability to meet deadlines and occasionally work under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly
- Flexibility to undertake new projects as assigned
- Ability to think creatively and implement new ideas
- Previous knowledge of Economics for Leaders program is helpful but not necessary
- BA/BS required
Personal Characteristics Desired
The person in this position must be organized and flexible; able to exercise initiative, accept and learn from correction; be attentive to detail; demonstrate a positive attitude; and work within a loosely structured environment with minimal supervision. The Foundation seeks individuals who are team players.
E-mail pdf of resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Cover Letter should explain how the applicant’s skills and experience are applicable directly to this position and how those skills relate to the mission of the FTE.