The Summer 2020 Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy (EGE) program has been cancelled due to the spread of COVID-19.
The world is filled with big ideas. Businesses built on big ideas, however, are far more rare. For an entrepreneur to turn their big idea into a thriving business, they need more than just passion, grit, and accounting skills. An understanding of economic concepts that explain human behavior and drive the global economy is key.
Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy (EGE) provides this by going beyond what most pre-college entrepreneurship programs teach. Participants not only learn practical skills, like writing a business plan or how to pitch an idea, but also about the economic principles that make successful entrepreneurship possible. To build a business, an entrepreneur must understand incentives and the role institutions, like government, play in setting the “rules of the game”.
What Makes EGE Unique?
EGE offers 40 high school students from around the world the chance to spend a week at Yale University, where:
- Professors will introduce how economics principles apply to entrepreneurship
- Corporate guest speakers share their insights and real-world experiences
- Classroom instruction is supplemented by practical activities and simulations
- Students gain hands-on experience with Zodiak, a corporate training program used by Fortune 500 companies
The EGE program is designed to help students:
- Understand the risks and rewards associated with entrepreneurship
- Evaluate sources of capital
- Understand market forecasting and supply/demand
- Enhance team-building skills
- Learn to apply the economic way of thinking to business decisions
- Have fun while creating a network of peers from around the world
- Experience the culture and life of an Ivy League campus
Feedback from parents, independent college counselors, and students indicate that FTE programs provide students with an enriching experience that helps with the college admission process. Submit your application today for our newest program, Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy!