Information on the credit registration process will be provided to all enrolled students in their Orientation Packets – please do NOT register for credit until you have reviewed your Orientation Packet (information will be available about 30 days before the start date of your program).
The FTE has had a long and successful relationship with the University of Colorado, and we’re working with the Department of Economics at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs to offer undergraduate credits for students attending the Economic Forces in American History program in 2021.
Economics 1321 is an undergraduate economics course for non-majors. Students who successfully complete the requirements will receive a transcript from UCCS, showing 2 semester hours of graded undergraduate credit. (Individual university policies for accepting this type of “transfer” credit vary, and the FTE does not provide information about the acceptability of this credit at various universities. We can, however, report that we have encountered no problems in acceptance of UCCS credit granted in FTE’s teacher programs.)
University Credit Information:
Course: ECON 1321 (entry-level, elective, does not count toward an economics major)
Tuition: $244 (payable through the FTE/UCCS online portal; do not send payment to the FTE)
Transcripts: Available from UCCS after grade posted to your account. Order at https://www.uccs.edu/lases/programs-a-l/fte. Pull down the “Student Resources” tab in the top menu bar.
- Read 10 chapters of a supplemental text (approx. 200 pages), and take an online test.
- This test must be completed by July 31, 2021. The test can be found in the UCCS Canvas Course site for ECON 1321 (see registration instructions below).
- REQUIRED TEXT: An Empire of Wealth: The Epic History of American Economic Power
by John Steele Gordon. Affordable used copies can be found on Amazon or other online book retailers.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled activities during the EFIAH program week.
- Take the EFIAH post test at the end of your program.
- To enroll in Economics 1321, go to the FTE/UCCS portal at https://www.uccs.edu/lases/programs-a-l/fte. Choose Economic Forces in American History (Student Program) from the course listing.
- Download the registration directions and follow the steps listed in the downloaded document. Please note – this is a several step process which may take a week to 10 days; you must first apply to and be accepted by the UCCS Extended Studies program. The pdf download gives step-by-step instructions. Follow them carefully. NOTE the registration deadline for this course will be announced in late spring 2021. Registration must be complete (not just started) by the UCCS deadline, which is typically in late July/early August. Give yourself plenty of time.
- Use your UCCS login and password to access the UCCS Canvas course for ECON 1321.
- This is where you will take the test and where we will record your post test and participation grade.
- Attend your EFIAH program and sign the UCCS roster at the program so the mentor teacher and professor can submit a participation grade for you.
We’re excited to be able to offer high school students the chance to earn college credit at a very low cost and we look forward to your participation. We think you’ll enjoy your Economic Forces in American History program, the text, and your first taste of the kind of discussion and interaction you’ll experience in college.
If you have additional questions about the EFIAH college credit, contact Debbie Henney at email@example.com.